Saturday, March 8, 2008

Hello Lovely Locked Sisters and Brothers

I'm back with an update. I've totally ignored my strategy to update frequently! I've been tagged, but I can't figure out how to link back and follow the intructions, but I promise to work on it!

My time has been filled lately with work and planning to attend the wedding of a friend that I met on a online dating site....Yep, I'm looking for a committed relationship by increasing my circle of acquaintences...and can you say it's more of a trip online dating than the sisterlock journey..lol. anyway, I couldn't decide what to wear to the wedding. Since I wouldn't know anyone other than the groom and he was no help with determining exactly what to wear at an evening reception at a resort in california. I'm from Indiana and any wedding is an occasion to pull out your best dress and stillettos. But you hear so much about Californians being so laidback and casual. I ended up with about six outfits to choose from, of course, I couldn't pack that many for the plane..I ended up with three, quickly went down to two, hating them both for the event for various reasons, then finally settling on a combination of one of the dresses and a jacket that made me feel comfortable and appropriate.

As for my hair, we all know that we don't have to worry or be concerned about a bad hair day! smiles... My hair is right at the 1 month mark, it's filling out a little each time I wash each week. I'm scheduled for my first retight in one week, so I'll be back with more photos then...until enjoy my dress drama dilemma! Sharon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good choice! The dress is really pretty and the blazer or sweater with it looked good. How was everyone else dressed? I've only been to a couple weddings myself and the choice of outfit is always drama for me....

I honestly think online dating is the best thing since sliced bread. A good amount of people either marry their high school sweetheart or marry their college love... By being placed in a setting where you have so many choices, of which many have common goals and aspirations, it makes it a bit easier. For those looking for a relationship in the "real" world it's a little harder. Dating within your work environment may not and really shouldn't be your only option. My single friends have the hardest time finding someone in Orlando... In comes online dating, you can create a profile and choose who you would like to date. I've met many people who have found their true love through online dating...sorry to ramble...

Your locks are looking good. It's gotta be nice knowing you can focus your energy on your attire and your hair will always look good right?

curlielocs said...

Thanks Meikmeika! Your locks are gorgeous! I had a great time at the reception! I was dressed appropriately..all that angst for nada! Everyone had on everything! It was amazing, some ladies were all glammed up and some came corporately attired directly from work! There were maybe 150 in attendance so it was really crowded..all the ladies loved my red/black sequined shoes..what is it with us and shoes? NE Way had a blast. The couple were very direct in that they met online..told funny stories about their initial meet and subsequent dates..it was funny and very touching! I love the fact that you can really pre screen someone before agreeing to meet. You already have mega in common, and usually the first few dates are awesome just because of the similarities. I've made lots of friends, no love connections, but have had some interesting conversations which is ALMOST as good...smiles.

Anonymous said...

Greetings! I like the solid red, but that's just my opinion.

Your locks look nice, Very Nice!

Take Care~
"Big Curls Don't Cry" {hair blog}

Maryee said...

Just checking in on you and your locks.

Blessings...

Maryee